Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Ohio

Okay, so I failed.  Things were so crazy last month that I didn't get around to writing a post.  Between finishing my student teaching, moving out, and going to Ohio, there wasn't a lot of extra time.

We spent Christmas in Ohio.  We left on the 18th and got back on the 29th.  It was strange not to be at home Christmas morning.  It was also a lot of work.  Everything had to be ready for Christmas before we left.  Then we had to decide what would go with us to Ohio and what would stay in Las Vegas.  In the end, most of the gifts went with us.  After that, we had to make sure they would all fit in the suitcase and not weigh too much.  We all enjoyed spending Christmas with family but I don't think we will spend Christmas away from home again.

While we were in Ohio it snowed three different times.  The only time it stuck enough to play in was the morning we left to come back to Las Vegas.  We learned that it is best to stay home in a snow storm when we were in a car accident the first time it snowed.  No one was hurt but it was really inconvenient and cold.

We took quite a few pictures while we were in Ohio but my mom has all of those.  Since I am back in St. George, I can't post any of them.  Maybe she will get around to doing it eventually.

Now, an update about what is going on in our family.  Not much is new with Dad.  He just got two new counselors in the bishopric so he will be spending time get them up to speed.  Mom has a new blog she is working on.  It is call Food, Fabric, and Fibers.  I bet you can't guess what it is about.  She is posting recipes and finished sewing, quilting, and crocheting projects.  She is having a lot of fun share things she has made.  You can find her new blog at www.foodfabricandfibers.blogspot.com if you are interested.  Deric will be attending UNLV this semester.  He will also be taking a Spanish class at CSN to finish up his Associates Degree.  As for me, I moved in to my new house this afternoon and am still looking for a "big girl" job, as my parents call it.  The school district has a couple of full time positions open that I am applying for.  Hopefully, I will have a job soon.

That is all for now.

No comments: