Tuesday, January 15, 2013

More from Ohio


Carson
Here are some more photos from Ohio.  When we got there on Tuesday, we went straight to a benefit show for a teacher who had been in an ATV accident and ended up with a serious brain injury.  Carson, Hillary, and Logan all performed.  Carson started off the evening by singing the Star Spangled Banner.  Logan played the piano.  Hillary sang in a small group and with Madrigals.  They did a silent auction and had all kinds of goodies to eat and some yummy hot chocolate to keep us warm.  It was a nice program.
Hillary (2nd from Left)

Logan











On Christmas Eve (early afternoon) the fog started to settle in around my parents house. It got dense enough that we couldn't see across the street to my sister's house. It was pretty cool.


 
My dad has chickens.  They get about 18 eggs every day.  Every time someone was ready to eat, my mom said, "Do you want an egg?"  It kind of got to be a joke.  It was funny when my nieces would just drop by and say, "We forgot to get eggs.  Can I get some from your fridge?"  Hillary made something like 25 Pumpkin Rolls that she had taken orders for.  She used quite a few eggs for that project.  We benefitted because she brought a few to us to eat.  Great bedtime snack with a mug of hot cocoa.  Thanks, Hillary.



I learned something new with my camera.  I think I finally understand aperature and how to use it.  This was just a test shot to see how it works.  It allows me to focus on something up close and blur the background.  It seems to work well.



 This is what we woke up to our last morning in Ohio. Nearly 6 inches of snow and it was still coming down pretty good. The first photo is my parents backyard. I lucked out that a flock of birds flew right through my shot.




 I love the second picture of the red barn. It's across the main road from my parents house. Dad says that in the summer you can't even see it because the trees are covered with leaves.


The last picture is Lake White. It's hard to believe that I actually took this shot from a moving car with the window up on our way to the airport.


 
I had visions of a great family picture in the snow during our trip.  It never snowed enough until the last day so I didn't get the photo shoot I wanted.  This is right before we got in the car to head to Columbus to the airport.  Thanks to my mom for taking the picture.  It shows how much it snowed overnight.

We had a great time spending time with family.  We have decided that it is more fun to be at our own house on Christmas morning so if we do this kind of trip at the holidays again, it will be before or after Christmas.

No comments: