Sunday, May 15, 2011

Really Busy Week

This last week has been sooooo busy. It seems like we had something different every day.
On Monday, I went in to work late because we thought we were going to talk to our missionary on Monday morning.
Tuesday, I worked my regular shift and then Felycia and I had to take her car in for the brakes to be checked. Then we had errands to run. She had already been to the dentist while I was at work.
Wednesday, Felycia got her hair done while I was at work. When I got home, we gathered her things, she did her grocery shopping in our store room, we packed her car and off she went. Wednesday night is Mutual. The Laurels and Priests both had presidency meeting before, so we didn't eat dinner until 9pm that day.
Thursday, I had visiting teaching appointments, I took Conrad's car to have the tires looked at, and I went to a play for my niece Allyssa while Conrad was at Scout Roundtable. Allyssa was an injured acrobat in the circus. I thought it was funny that she was the injured one because she actually can do gymnastics. The other kids weren't that great.


On Friday, we went to breakfast at The Original Pancake House. Yummy!! Then, we were off to run errands. As we headed down I-15 to go to the scout office, a taxi ran us off the ramp. No injuries or damage to the van besides a scuff on the passenger side where we hit a construction barrel. We were both so flustered, that we got off at the wrong exit and ended up going the long way to the scout office. We did some shopping at one of our favorite stores (Fry's Electronics) and finally headed back home. The Mirabelli Maniakz Cheer Squad had the end of the season awards banquet. I was asked to be there as the photographer. The food was great, the turnout was more than anyone expected, and the girls were surprised by the gift they got from their coaches. National Champions usually get white jackets when they win, but the national organization didn't give them out this year. The coaches did.

The best part of the night was when some of the dads did their own cheer routine. It could have been part of the clown act in a circus. The kids didn't know anything about what was going on. Some of the girls were a little embarassed by their dads. Go figure...


On Saturday, we did some shopping in the morning and then headed to Breanna's soccer game. Her team was in the State Cup Tournament. If not for two awesome saves by the other keeper, we would have played for the championship. I got lucky with my camera and caught the saves on film. I know Deric can appreciate these shots.


Breanna played her heart out. She was so tired at the end of the game, but it went into overtime (two 10-minute halves). The other team scored right off the bat so we were playing catchup and just couldn't quite get the ball into the back of the net.


Saturday evening, we took Conrad's parents out to dinner to celebrate Mom's birthday. We went to Centroamerica. It's a little restaurant and bar that serves authentic Central American food. We've been there one other time and loved it so we went back. The pupusas and baliadas are great. We love the cheeses. Everything is great. If that's what the food is really like in Honduras, I don't have to worry about going hungry. After dinner, we went to a wedding reception for Lindsey Worthen. I've known her since she was just little. My parents used to live in the same cul-de-sac with her family. It was a nice wedding and we saw people we don't always get to see.
Today was a typical Sunday. Church, teaching, choir practice, home teachers, meetings...
I wonder what next week will bring... Hopefully, some time to rest and relax.

No comments: