We all had a chance to e-mail with ElDeric yesterday. Conrad was chatting via e-mail much earlier than Felycia and I were. Deric was in the office working on a computer problem but needed some help from his dad. They spent most of the afternoon working on it together. Conrad was really good about not asking "Dad"-type questions until Deric let him know it was okay to be family instead of technical support. Once family time was over, it was straight back to technical support. Conrad said he even remote controlled into the computer in Honduras to really see what the problem was. They got part of it fixed, but I guess it will have to wait until another day because Deric finally had to leave to get back to his own area before it got too late.
Here is the news from Honduras. Deric had two more baptisms on Saturday. They have been working with this one family for quite some time and baptizing them one or two at a time. Now, it's just the father. He still has to get a divorce and marry his current companion.
Deric told Felycia that he is learning a little bit of Spanish Sign Language. There is a little boy in the ward who is deaf.
We have decided that we want to do something for Deric's mission, so here is what we have decided. We are collecting new and gently used white shirts (mostly short sleeves) and ties and socks to take with us when we go to pick Deric up. I am getting excited for this project to take off. I already have some ties and a $20 donation. The money is the most fun for me because I love the hunt for a great bargain. Those of you who know me well realize that I will probably get at least four shirts with $20. My goal is to have an entire suitcase full of things to leave. I do have an ulterior motive. I want space to bring home souvenirs. Yes, I am selfish that way.
Conrad asked Deric about sizes for the shirts. Deric said that most of the Honduran missionaries (the ones who need help the most) are only about the size of Felycia. I'm not sure what that is in men's shirt sizes, but Felycia wears a ladies medium in most shirts.
1 comment:
That is a great idea. Count me in!
Post a Comment