Last week was YW Camp. I actually spent the entire week at Camp Stimson. I have always had to make at least one trip back to Las Vegas during the course of the week, but not this year. I worked with the Level 2 girls. Rachel Van Orman was the level leader and Shaylee Ray and Holly Best were the junior leaders. We had 23 girls with us. It was a blast. Rachel brought her generator and her popcorn and snow cone machines. I made 3 batches of salsa. We ate trail mix and licorice and scones and hot chocolate. Instead of losing weight like I usually do when I go to the mountains, I think I must have gained some. We ate really good in our level. Of course, I did lots of braids during the week. I think that once the girls find out that someone can braid hair, they all want to be that person's best friend.
And some other news...I told the stake leaders that I do NOT hike. Well, after our adventure in Kolob, I decided that I could do it. And I did. I was the slowest one on the hike. I was the last one back to camp, but I didn't die and we didn't need the air rescue patrol. I was tired and hot and dirty, but I proved to myself that I can do what I set my mind to.
I am at Felycia's apartment in St. George doing this update, so I don't have my camp photos with me. I'll will have to post them when I get back to Las Vegas.
No comments:
Post a Comment