When Deric got his mission call in April, 2009, we found out that there was another young man from Mesquite, NV, who would report to the MTC the same day and also serve in the San Pedro Sula Mission. His name is Elder Sylvester. He is Deric's new companion. Deric is the senior. He thinks it is because his Spanish is just a little bit better. They are getting along really well.
Conrad and I had a few things to pick up at the store and when we arrived at home, there was a message on our answering machine from Elder Sylvester's grandfather in Mesquite. I guess we will get to know each other a little better over the next 5 weeks until transfers happen again.
We didn't get much 'chatting' in today because of troublesome computers. Nothing new there. Deric's birthday is coming and I will be sending his package tomorrow. I hope Elder Sylvester will help eat the cake. Although, Deric's pants would fit better if he ate the whole thing.
Not much else to report. He has stopped keeping track of numbers so he didn't know how many lessons they taught last week. They are working with quite a few investigators and have 1 baptism scheduled for this weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment