Saturday, February 27, 2010

All Kinds of Stuff Going On




Our garden is in!!! I'm so excited. We have tomatoes, onions, green beans, romaine lettuce, and red peppers in the ground. The peas are left over from last fall. They survived the winter and they are so sweet and yummy right off the plant. In the house, we have started corn, green pepper, poblano chiles, cucumber, yellow squash, zucchini, spinach, celery, pumpkin, cantaloupe, broccoli, brussel sprouts, and more lettuce.





We put flowers in a couple of pots on the front porch and firecracker tulips in the pot from Grandpa Reynolds' funeral (the plant was finally too wild and we had to let it go). I love living in a place where we can start our garden early and enjoy the benefits for a lllllooooonnnnnggggg time.








On another note, Larsen's have moved to Spring, Texas. They had a good trip and saw lots of different weather. They got to the new house this afternoon and the gas hadn't been turned on so they will spend 2 more nights in motels. The trailer with their stuff will be there on Tuesday. The kids love the new house and the huge backyard. I'm excited to see it when I go to stay with the kids for a couple of weeks in April so Cristi and Lars can make their journey to Kenya.

No comments: