Well, lots have happened since my last post. I went to girls' camp, we took a trip to Honduras to get Deric, and life is continuing at break-neck speed.
First, girls' camp... I worked with Level I. What a fun group of girls! We did lots of eating and working and goofing around together. On the last day, I even did the zip line. That was my "out of comfort zone" experience for the year. Conrad said he would need proof to believe it, so Crystal made sure I got in the video.
Bishops' Night was great. They put on a 'pageant' of sorts with the bishops all competing. They had to answer a question that had something to do with their wives and then a talent. Conrad was last for the talent part of the night. All of the other bishops had done goofy things that weren't really talents at all, so everyone was surprised when Conrad got up and did yo-yo tricks for his talent. His question was "What pick up line did you use on your wife?" His answer, "Who's your friend?"
It didn't end there. When we got to our ward campfire, Conrad spoke about how our life is like a yo-yo and there are ups and downs. He said that if we are the yo-yo going up and down, then our Heavenly Father is the one holding the string. He said that there is always a way back no matter what we do. Brother Jackson then observed that the Savior would be the string because he is the only way back to Heavenly Father. All of the girls got their own yo-yo and we had Rice Krispie Treats and donuts for dessert. It was a great evening.
Two days after I got home from camp, we headed to Honduras. Our flight left Las Vegas at 1am and we got to Honduras at about noon. We had a layover in Houston for a few hours so we got to know the international terminal quite well even though we just wanted to sleep. I kept a pretty good journal while we were in Honduras so I will post my daily journal entries separately with pictures.
We are enjoying having Deric home with us. Felycia was able to stay for about 10 days before she had to head back to work and church responsibilities. I really got used to my empty nest. I'm not sure I'm ready to give it up. Deric wants his room back. I kind of took it over with my sewing and craft stuff. I had a great set up and now I need a new place for everything. I'll have to see if I can take over Felycia's room next.
Our next few weeks are going to be taken up with a family reunion and lots of doctor, eye doctor, and dentist appointments. School will be here before we know it. I'm actually looking forward to getting into the routine of everyone having things to do every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment