Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Scoop From Honduras

We got an e-mail from Deric on Saturday. We thought that p-day was Monday for his whole mission, but it seems that the office missionaries do Saturday p-day because they are busy during the week. We don't have all the details yet, but here is his letter.

THIS WEEK WAS INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monday we had a zone p-day. Tuesday, we had the normal meeting. I did not sleep at all on Tuesday night because we had to leave the zone leaders´ house at 1:30 AM to catch the bus to come to San Pedro Sula. In the transfer meeting I found out that I am the new secretary. I am in charge of all the immigration stuff and all of the records (Baptism, Ordination, etc.) Wednesday night, we had all of the missionaries that were headed home staying at the house. At least the house is huge. We got to bed really late and got up really early. Thursday at 5 AM we had to be at the airport dropping all of the returning missionaries off. We also went to make President Veirs a resident of Honduras. A couple of hours in immigration later and we now have a Mission President that is 100% legal in the country. Yesterday we ran tons of errands. Buying parts to fix President´s car, doing some other things in immigration, Baptismal interviews for the baptism that we have later today, Taking president to a special interview, and a ton more. In other words, there is not a ton of missionary work that gets done here. We are really just here to make sure that the rest of the missionaries can do their work and are doing all of the paperwork right. Because I will probably be here for Christmas, They are going to put me in charge of editing the Christmas video. That is going to be a ton of work, but it should be really cool.

I have done a ton of things in the last week that I had never done in my mission before. I have stayed up all night, been with President Veirs for more than 5 minutes, driven a car, taken a hot shower, and a ton more stuff.

I am doing really well. I am just really tired from the lack of sleep this week. I am hoping that there are not many more days like the ones this week. I need more sleep.

That has been this week. I am tired. Other than that, I am doing just fine.

I hope you are all doing well. I love you all.

Deric


At Stake Conference this morning, one of Deric's friends from high school (Matt Stewart), who returned from El Salvador 2 weeks ago, was talking to Conrad. He mentioned seeing Deric in a video presentation about missionaries in Central America. That's the first I've heard about anything like that. I'm going to work on getting more information this week to see what's going on. Matt also met someone (a returned missionary) who knew Deric in Honduras. Pretty cool.

We are hoping that he will have access to a card reader so we might get to see some photos. Cross your fingers for us.

No comments: