Saturday, July 24, 2010

Richard Larkin Family Reunion 2010

This was our family t-shirt this year. It is so fun. It actually says, "How can I be normal when I'm related to a LARKIN!" Reid and Donelle designed them and then we each got to use the Sharpie markers to color them in however we wanted to. This one is Conrad's. Deric's leaf is orange and Felycia's is purple, of course. And Leslie's has cow spots. We decided Conrad was the most creative in coloring his leaves. I just did a different color for each family and Felycia did all the girls purple and the boys aqua.
The four-wheelers are always the highlight of the reunion. The older kids took them out a few times on the last night of the reunion. Every time Allyssa went out, it started to pour rain and they had to come back. They had a great time and finally came in after it was totally dark out. I like this photo with the beautiful sunset in the background. The rider is either Casey or Isaiah.




We went down to the reservoir on Tuesday. Savannah, Olivia, Allyssa, and Breanna took one of the canoes out after lunch. They went down to the dam and did some swimming near the spillway. We were ready to leave before they got back, so Casey and Felycia went on the four-wheeler to find them. We finally drove the cars down to pick them and the canoe up so we wouldn't have to wait anymore.




Dakotta wanted a turn in the boat so Jerrald and Theresa took her out. They turned and waved for the camera.




On Monday night after dinner, I was looking out the back window of the cabin and saw some deer in the meadow. I grabbed the camera and went out to the balcony to get pictures. There were 3 does and and baby. These two posed as a push-me-pull-you.

We bought a new video camera and used it at the reunion. I am still trying to figure out how to upload videos and make them actually work. Felycia hit a moving target with the 20-gauge shotgun. She was pretty excited.

Jerrald and Theresa made a video for their Book of Mormon story. Jerrald was Nephi. They had a famine in the desert and then Nephi prayed and the rain came. It was great. I will post it as soon as I get it figured out.

2 comments:

Cristi L. said...

How do I get me one of them shirts?? Looks like fun!!

Nate and Jamie said...

What a fun reunion Annalee!! FYI on the video, I have found it much easier and quicker to upload your video to youtube and then share it on your blog. Blogger takes forever to upload anything longer then 10 seconds. Good luck!