Thursday, May 6, 2010

I have been so busy lately that I haven't had time to update. Well, I'm going to give a newsy update on the Larkin Family.

Conrad has been asked to be on a committee for the Varsity/Venturing scout camp this summer. That is keeping him busy right now along with still being in the bishopric. It has been about 7 years straight now. We had some bad news at the beginning of April. Conrad was informed that his position with the City of North Las Vegas was going to be eliminated in June. He was able to take a different position so he will still have a job. It will be a big pay cut, but we will manage just fine.

I have just returned home from 2 weeks in Houston. My sister, Cristi, and her husband took their turn to visit Mom and Dad in Kenya and I went to babysit the 4 kids. I forgot how much work it is to have small children. I guess there's a reason we have children when we are young. We have more energy and fewer aches and pains. I'm glad I went and was able to spend the time with Kayla, Henry, Jack, and Brinley. I got home 2 days ago and I miss the kids already.

Deric is in his second area and doing well. I didn't get to chat with him on Monday because I was at the airport in Houston picking up Cristi and Lars after their trip. I am very excited, though, because Sunday is Mother's Day and that means a missionary call. I hope we will get to use Skype again. I like seeing Deric so I know he is healthy and happy.

Felycia took her last final of the semester this afternoon. She will be home tomorrow evening. We go back up to St. George on Monday to move from one dorm to another for her summer semester. Then, it's back to Vegas on Tuesday so we can get our toes done. Then, back to Utah on Friday to a wedding. Lots of miles on the cars but worth it all.

I have girls' camp coming up in June and we are in full swing of planning it. It should be lots of fun. I am working with Level 2. Those are the girls who will be in 7th grade in the fall. Great kids but they sure are loud. Especially when there are 20 of them in one room.

I will try to be better about updating from now on.

1 comment:

Travis and Rhonda said...

Sorry to hear about Conrad's job. Glad he was able to move to another position.

Do you guys need help on Monday with moving? I'm probably available during the day. Let me know.

Have fun talking to Deric on Mother's Day!!