ElDeric's latest letter says it feels like there are only 30 hours in a day. At one time, it was 40 hours in a day and only 4 in a night. They are not allowed to teach in English anymore. All of the lessons have to be in Spanish. Deric has Spanish scriptures but they are indexed. He doesn't like the indexed ones.
Deric has been able to speak with two people from Honduras. One said to get a mosquito net and a fan as soon as he gets to Honduras. The other one told him about the exchange rates for money. There is 19 lempira in $1 US. 1 lempira buys about the same as $1.
Deric has heard a little bit about what is going on in Honduras with the government and asked for more information. We have hesitated to tell him about the coup because he needed to concentrate on studying and learning. He has been watching the newsroom page for the Church and is worried about being reassigned. I think he already loves the Honduran people and wonders if he will need to learn to love others. I have already sent the information I know. The church leaders will know what to do to keep the missionaries safe. I told Deric to stay close to the Spirit and follow the rules no matter what and he will be safe.
No comments:
Post a Comment